Days 2 and 3
Days 4 – 6
Day seven will begin with a sunrise shoot at Kolmanskop, before we head on a long drive through some of Namibia’s remote landscapes to Sesriem, the town that will be our base for a trip to Sossusvlei in the Namib-Naukluft National Park.
We have an option for doors-off helicopter flight over the Sossusvlei park (not included, optional). Flying over this landscape and capturing it from above is a once in a lifetime experience and it offers amazing photographic opportunities. The helicopter operator has two Robinson Raven II R44’s, which can take 3 passengers at a time.
We have a very special permit to photograph Deadvlei in the night on 15 March!
On day eleven we’ll head back to Windhoek for the end of the tour. Your flight home should be booked for the following day.
Price: 6900 USD
Included in the price:
- All Accommodation
- All Meals starting with dinner on the 7th of March and ending with breakfast on the 18th
- All beverages, except for premium/imported liquor and wine
- All permits, park and entry fees, including special access permit for Kolmanskop and one night time outing to Deadvlei
- All Transport, fuel and drivers, including transfers to/from airport
- Bottled water in cars
- All expenses for all guides and drivers
Not included in the price:
- Additional Activities like helicopter/balloon flights.
- Items of a personal nature
- non-meal time snacks and drinks
- single room supplement (950 USD)
What to bring
– DSLR camera with tripod and remote shutter release
– A wide angle lens. For example, Nikkor 14-24 or Canon 17-40. Best lens for use in wide-angle scenes or architecture photography
– A middle-zoom lens such as a 24-70 mm
– A telephoto zoom lens, such as a 70-200 mm. 300 mm with 1.5 TC or 500 mm, 600 mm are recommended for wildlife and bird photography. Be sure to have additional tripod mount to this lens.
– Waterproof and windproof jacket (consider the average temperature 5 – +10 C at nights and +10 – +20 C during the daytime)
– Waterproof pants
– Warm jacket and thermal pants
– Wellingtons or fishing boots
The full list will be sent by mail to participants.