Dates 2020 year:
25 Apr – 03 May 2020 – Guided by Raymond Hoffman
Patagonia is a place of magical light. You can encounter the moments of true revelation of nature with a men. Amazing sunsets with lenticular clouds, wilderness of nature and enormous Andes ridge mountains await you in the most beautiful season – Patagonia Autumn. Beautiful red colors frame mountains in april, fresh snow lays between the waterfalls and on tops of diamond peaks, birds are singing in the woods and almost no tourists disturb this serenity. We planned the most amazing locations for you on the tour, so check our itinerary and join:
We arrive to Punta Arenas, the gateway to Patagonia, Torres del Paine national park in Chile. You may have acclimatized yourself, have a good sleep after the long flight. The recommended arrival time will be given later by mail after you sign up for the tour (flight arrival from Santiago).
We meet together at the welcome dinner. At the dinner we’ll taste the very special cordero patagonico – famous Patagonia lamb roasted at local parilla. So far it was the best meat we tasted in the world!
After the dinner we have an overnight at our hotel.
After the breakfast in hotel we move towards Torres del Paine national park, located in Chile (5-6 h).
You’ll see many animals on the way, including guanaco, ostrich, armadillo and maybe even puma! As we enter Chile landscapes become more wild and strict with beautiful ridges of Andes on horizon. On the way we may have short stops to meet and greet Patagonia fauna.
Last part of the road (60 km) is gravel, through the inner territories in the park. We check in to our hotel inside the park, have a bit of rest and continue to the sunset location depending on the weather. April is the end of tourist and hikers seasons so you’ll see only photographers in the park.
(B, LB, D)
Days 2 – 6
We spend 5 days and 4 nights in the park visiting many beautiful diverse locations. We know area very well, so we will choose photography locations depending on the next day’s weather forecast. Among places to visit (incl at sunsets, sunrises) will be:
– Harbours of Pehoe lake, including stoney bays with variety of foregrounds to choose
– Panoramic view from Explora hotel
– Optional 1-hour hike to Mirador Condor with a stunning 360-view to Cuernos, Paine Towers, Lake Pehoe and Glacier Grey
– Easy hike to the Nordenskjold lake: we’ll see the dead forest on the way and plenty of small bays
– Salto Grande waterfall
– Laguna Amarga with salty edges and high chance to see pink flamingo feeding
– Laguna Azul and wonderful waterfall on the way to the lagoon
– Rio Serrano Sector with wonderful bends of the river, gaucho and horses in the water
One day we depart to lago Grey to the full day excursion to the Grey Glacier. The cruise will take up to 4 hours.
After the breakfast at hotel we move towards small village El Chalten, located in Argentina. Allow around 7-8 hours with border cross (paved road).
We settle at our hotel in El Chalten for 2 nights. At sunset we have photography session at canyon with stunning panoramic views towards Andean ridge. The Fitz Roy river flowing in bends beneath our feet leading the sight towards towers of Fitz Roy (Chalten) massif.
Before the breakfast we depart to morning photography session to the point with stunning panoramic views towards Andean ridge. The Fitz Roy river flowing in bends beneath our feet leading the sight towards towers of Fitz Roy (Chalten) massif.
At the daytime we explore the Lago Desierto sector with waterfalls and river cascades. Mountais and glaciers will surround us for the full day.
For sunset we pick up one of panoramic points with views of Fitz Roy massif.
We drive 2,5 h to El Calafate from El Chalten village. Having lunch at El Calafate and going straight to visit Perito Moreno glacier.
We visit Perito Moreno in the evening to have a stroll among amazing Patagonia forest with panoramic views towards Perito Moreno glacier. Going back to El Calafate after evening at Perito Moreno for dinner and check in to hotel. Overnight at El Calafate.
Departure from El Calafate airport on recommended flight.
Included in the price:
- Two Professional photo guides.
- Professional driver services
- Professional licensed local guide services
- Transportation in a spacious, comfortable bus offering ample room for you and your photography gear (all window seats), all transfers included
- Accommodation in most amazing Patagonia hotels. Rooms with private bathrooms.
- Lago Grey cruise at Torres del Paine park
- All national parks entrance fees
Full board (all meals included!)
Price: 6500 USD
Not included in the price:
– Visas (if applicable)
– Single supplement
What to bring
– DSLR camera with tripod and remote shutter release
– A wide angle lens. For example, Nikkor 14-24 or Canon 16-35. Best lens for use in wide-angle scenes – mountain photography
– A middle-zoom lens such as a 24-70 mm
– A telephoto zoom lens, such as a 70-200 mm
– Waterproof and windproof jacket (consider the average temperatures 0 – 10 C)
– Waterproof pants
– Warm down-jacket and thermal pants
– Casual clothes for dinners and lunches and photography workshops
Full list of recommended wear will be sent to participants.