DAY 1 (Oct 9): Arrive at Lake Bled
On the first day of our Slovenia and Croatia photography tour, the group will meet at hotel lobby at 4 p.m. Our hotel is located just at lake Bled. We don’t want to waste any time, so we will immediately head north towards one of the country’s most iconic sights, Lake Bled. The emerald lake is arguably Slovenia’s most popular tourist spot, and after a few minutes, walking around you’ll quickly understand why. The water shines with dazzling green and blue tones, a charming church rests on a tiny island in the centre, and the imposing peaks of the Julian Alps and the Karavanke offer the perfect backdrop for photography shoots.
We are sure that it will be a magnificent start to our six-day adventure. In the evening we will gather together for food, spend some time getting to know each other and discuss the trip to come..
DAYS 2-6: Lake Bled and Julian Alps
Over the next 5 days during this photography tour, we will be exploring the Gorenjska region, including the area close to Lake Bled and the nearby Julian Alps. There will be sunrise shoots on the shores of lake Bled, a trip up to the castle that overlooks the water, and plenty of time spent shooting the spectacular church in the middle of the lake.
We will also spend time at one of Slovenia’s hidden gems, the Vintgar Gorge. This 1.6km trench cuts through the Hom and Bort hills, and there are is a variety of waterfalls, rivers, and rapids to capture with our cameras. We will certainly make time for some long exposure shots.
We will also spend some time exploring the local culture through our lenses. There are plenty of charming villages close to the lake, where we will capture traditional agricultural architecture and the famous hayracks of Slovenia. Rural village life offers a wonderful contrast to the epic natural scenes that will dominate our sunset shoots.
True gems of Slovenia are amazing churches! We photograph iconic Jamnik and St Tomaz churches, St John at Bohinj lake – with stunning mountains backdrop.
Among additional places we visit:
Lake Bohinj, Zelenci springs, Jamnik church, St Thomas church, Soča river valley, Peričnik waterfall
Today we are enjoying our final sunrise at lake Bled – and moving forward medieval village of Rovinj. Spend one magical night here shooting sunset, blue hour and street photography.
Today we are moving forward to Plitvice lakes national park. It is a dream destination for many photographers. You can capture hundreds of cascades and waterfalls framed by autumn foliage. With turquoise waters beneath and gentle autumn light your photos will look like medieval paintings.
We spend one full day at Plitvice NP exploring and enjoying autumn splendour.
After sunrise in the park we are moving from Plitvice NP to Dubrovnik, settle down in hotel and shoot sunset/blue hour in Dubrovnik.
Day 10, 19 October
Departure day. You may stay longer in Dubrovnik on your own, so the transfer to the airport is not included. You can easily depart by taxi any time of your flight.
Total price: 2000USD per person twin share
Single supplement: 750 USD
Maximum Number of Participants: 12
- Accommodation double/twin rooms sharing (singles available upon request with single supplement),
- all transportation during the tour except airport transfers,
- photography tuition,
- entrance fees and all local taxes.
Not included in the price:
– Visas (if applicable)
– Single supplement (750 USD)
– Airport transfers
What to bring
– DSLR camera with tripod and remote shutter release
– A wide angle lens. For example, Nikkor 14-24 or Canon 17-40. Best lens for use in wide-angle scenes or architecture photography
– A middle-zoom lens such as a 24-70 mm
– A telephoto zoom lens, such as a 70-200 mm. Be sure to have additional tripod mount to this lens.
– Waterproof and windproof jacket (consider the average temperature +5 – +10 C at daytime and even down to minus -5 – – 10 in the morning and night)
– Waterproof pants
– Warm jacket and thermal pants
– Wellingtons or fishing boots for muddy spots and against morning dew
– Casual clothes for dinners and lunches and photography workshops