Tour leaders – Daniel Kordan and Bruno Azera
Embark on an extraordinary six-day photography workshop led by Daniel Kordan and Bruno Azera, and allow the enchanting island of Madeira to ignite your creativity. This immersive experience will take you on a journey through breathtaking landscapes, rugged coastlines, lush forests, and charming villages, offering unparalleled opportunities to capture the essence of this paradise through your lens. Join us as we delve into the art of photography, refine your skills, and create images that reflect your unique vision.
Day 1, 15 August, Arrival and Welcome to Madeira
– Morning/afternoon: Arrive at Funchal Airport, where you’ll be warmly greeted by our team and transferred to your luxurious accommodation in the heart of Funchal. Take a moment to soak in the captivating views of the city’s picturesque harbor and vibrant streets, setting the stage for an unforgettable photographic adventure. We recommend taking the flight easyJet 7625 arriving 15:35 or TAP AIR PORTUGAL 1695 arriving 15:40. Transfers will be arranged for 4 p.m.
Madeira’s capital, Funchal, is a melting pot of history, culture, and natural beauty. Its charming streets, historic architecture, and colorful markets offer endless opportunities for capturing the soul of this coastal gem. From the bustling marina to the quaint old town, Funchal will inspire your creative vision from the moment you arrive.
Meet your workshop leaders, Daniel Kordan and Bruno Azera, and fellow photography enthusiasts during a welcome reception and orientation. Engage in lively conversations, share your excitement for the days ahead, and receive an overview of the workshop’s itinerary.
Day 2: Exploring Madeira coastline
Morning: Rise early before dawn to embark on an enchanting sunrise experience at Ponta de São Lourenço, the easternmost point of Madeira. As you make your way to the rugged cliffs and coastal trails, anticipation builds for the breathtaking spectacle that awaits you. Set up your equipment and prepare to capture the magic of the first light as it paints the sky in hues of orange and pink.
Ponta de São Lourenço is a ruggedly beautiful península, characterised by dramatic cliffs, jagged rock formations, and panoramic views of the Atlantic Ocean.
After a hearty breakfast, venture out to explore the captivating streets of Funchal. Stroll through the historic old town, capturing the vibrant colors, intricate details, and the unique blend of traditional and modern architecture.
Santana is a picturesque village, where traditional thatched-roof houses, known as “casas de colmo,” coexist with nature in perfect harmony. As you traverse the countryside, capture the tranquility and simplicity of rural life, framed by the rolling hills and blooming flora.
Cabo Girão is a photographer’s dream, offering panoramic views of the dramatic cliffs and the deep blue Atlantic Ocean. As the sun rises, the colors intensify, providing a stunning backdrop for your images. Frame the colorful fishing boats, the crashing waves, and the sheer magnitude of the cliffs to capture the raw beauty of this coastal wonder.
– Afternoon: Journey to the picturesque village of Paul do Mar or Sao Vicente with capelinha de nossa senhora de fátima, known for its unspoiled natural beauty and captivating seascapes. Explore its pebble beaches and rocky shores, immersing yourself in the untamed beauty of the ocean and capturing the essence of this coastal haven.
Paul do Mar is a hidden gem on Madeira’s southwestern coast, offering a glimpse into the untamed power of the Atlantic Ocean. The rugged cliffs, the swirling waves, and the enchanting play of light provide an extraordinary canvas for your photography. Interact with the locals, document their way of life, and capture authentic moments that reflect the spirit of this fishing community.
– Gather for a photography workshop focused on seascape photography techniques, post processing and composition. Learn how to capture the motion of the waves, experiment with long exposures, and master the art of balancing exposure in challenging lighting conditions.
Day 4: Enchanting Forests and Waterfalls
The Laurissilva Forest is a haven of tranquility, with its dense foliage, moss-covered trees, and gentle whispers of nature. As you meander along the levada, be prepared to encounter hidden waterfalls, delicate ferns, and enchanting sun-dappled paths.
– Afternoon: Continue your journey to Rabaçal, a paradise of cascading waterfalls, where you’ll encounter the magnificent Risco Waterfall and its awe-inspiring power. Experiment with different compositions and long-exposure techniques to capture the ethereal beauty of the cascading water against the vibrant green backdrop. Rabaçal is a photographer’s paradise, offering a multitude of waterfalls and lush greenery. The Risco Waterfall, with its sheer drop and thunderous roar, will leave you in awe of nature’s grandeur.
Morning: Rise before dawn to embark on an exhilarating adventure to Pico Ruivo, the highest peak in Madeira. Ascend through mist-covered landscapes, capturing the ethereal beauty of the hike. Reach the summit and witness the sun’s golden rays piercing through the clouds, revealing the grandeur of Madeira’s landscapes from above. Usually the milky way is best here before sunrise – so we can wake up earlier to catch some beautiful night sky!
Pico Ruivo offers a truly breathtaking experience, with its misty mountains and sweeping panoramas that stretch as far as the eye can see. As the first light of the day breaks through, the landscape is transformed into a spectacle of colors, illuminating the rugged peaks, deep valleys, and undulating hills. Capture the vastness, the layers, and the interplay of light and shadow that define this awe-inspiring vista.
Afternoon we may try Laurissilva Forest again because often the fog comes here creating an absolutely magical atmosphere!
– Evening: Engage in an insightful workshop focused on capturing panoramic vistas and incorporating storytelling elements into your images. Learn how to compose wide-angle shots to emphasise the grandeur of the landscape and tell captivating visual narratives. Reflect on your growth as a photographer and savor a farewell dinner, cherishing the camaraderie and memories forged during the workshop.
Day 6, 20 August
Morning: sunrise session in one of the epic locations we already visited before – depends on the weather.
Enjoy a final breakfast together, reminiscing about the incredible moments shared during the workshop. Bid farewell to your workshop leaders, Daniel Kordan and Bruno Azera, and the captivating island of Madeira, carrying with you a treasure trove of breathtaking images and a renewed passion for photography.
– Afternoon: Transfer to Funchal Airport for 13:30 or 14:10 departure flights, filled with knowledge, and unforgettable memories created during your Madeira photography workshop.
Join us on this extraordinary photography workshop led by Daniel Kordan and Bruno Azera, and unlock the secrets of capturing Madeira’s unrivaled beauty through your lens. Immerse yourself in the island’s diverse landscapes, refine your photography skills, and create images that reflect your unique vision.
4750 EUR 4200 EUR per person twin share
Single supplement: 900 EUR
Maximum Number of Participants: 8
Included in the price:
– All transfers
– Lodging, meals
– Instruction and master classes by professional guides
Not included in the price:
– Visas (if applicable)
– Single supplement