Guided by: Bayar Balgantseren, Anton Agarkov, Erdenebulgan Battsengel (this tour is not guided by Daniel in 2019)
First group: 15-25 September 2019 Guided by – Bayar Balgantseren, Erdenebulgan Battsengel
Second group: 4-14 September (sold out) – Bayar Balgantseren, Erdenebulgan Battsengel
Day 1 – 4 or 15 September
Day 11 – 15 September
Our drivers will take you to UB airport (code ULN). You can select any flight this day, a private transfer will be arranged this day and included in the tour. (B)
Price: 7900 USD
Included in the price:
- Sharing twin accommodation in hotels where available
- Ger camp /All accommodations/
- All transportation: 4 Domestic flights and ground transport by well-prepared Toyota Land Cruisers, 3 persons per car
- Photography Guides and Tour leaders services
- National park fees
- Chef’s services
- Private Eagle hunting mini festival, Eagle hunting activity – all stages and model fees
- Beverages (water)
- Additionally we prepare electric cord line, power generators for remote places with no electricity
Full board (all meals included as stated in itinerary!)
Not included in the price:
- Medical insurance
- Alcoholic beverages
- Visas (but we will prepare all needed documents for your visa – invitations, supporting letters etc)
- Single supplement in hotels (750 USD) – in Ger camp in Gobi twin accommodation, single supplement for hotel basis (Olgii, UB)
- Extra baggage charge (Limit of baggage in Domestic flight is 15kg total carry on and check in), around 2-5 usd charge per extra kg paid by credit card at the airport
What to bring
– DSLR camera with tripod and remote shutter release
– A wide angle lens. For example, Nikkor 14-24 or Canon 17-40. Best lens for use in wide-angle scenes or architecture photography
– A middle-zoom lens such as a 24-70 mm
– A telephoto zoom lens, such as a 70-200 mm
– Waterproof and windproof jacket (consider the average temperatures +5 – 20 C)
– Waterproof pants
– Warm down-jacket and thermal pants
– Casual clothes for dinners and lunches and photography workshops
Full list of recommended wear will be sent to participants.
Accommodation and food
Weather: (Averages in Sep – Oct)
Coldest: +1°C to -2°C
Normal: 6°C to +8°C
Warmest: +13°C to +16°C
The Gobi desert is the warmest area in Mongolia. But it’s autumn time and it gets cold in the night time. So please take your warm clothes. Full packing list will be sent to participants 2-3 months before the trip start.
Bayar graduated with a degree in economy and he took on photography in 2007. He taught himself through online study and relentless practice.
Bayar uses mostly Nikon equipment and specializes in nature, wildlife, landscape, and traditional Mongolian nomadic lifestyle photography.
His first photography book, Bayar’s Photography Impressions, was published in 2013.
- An exhibition to celebrate his work was held in Mongolia at the Blue Moon gallery in January 2013.
- In February 2014, Bayar showcased his work in three Japanese cities – Tokyo, Saitamo, and Yokohama – with an exhibition called Beautiful Sceneries of Mongolia
- Also he held exhibition in Ulan-Ude, Buryatia, Irkutsk, Yakutsk, Chita cities Russia, in January 2015 and 2016
- His exhibitions were in Bassano del Grappa on 19 September – 8 November 2015, 2017 Italy.
- And in Dolo city on 28 February – 6 March 2016 in Italy.
- Arxian city on15-30 December in 2016 China.
- “Beautiful Mongolia” Ottawa 2-15 March 2017 in Canada.
- “Beauty of Mongolia” Krakow city 25-30 October Poland
In the past four years, Bayar’s travel photography has been featured in multiple Mongolia magazines: National Geographic Traveler, Deejis, Goodali, Mongolian Photo, and Wonderful Life.
- Won First Place at the Glowing Sunsets Photography Competition organized
by Canon in 2014
- Very Popular Photo at the Mongolian Photography exhibition held by
Cresc. 5. Japan, 2013
- Nominated First Place for Nature Photography at the Mongolian Press Photo competition, 2012
- Won Third Place at the Mongolian Birds Photography Contest organized by the Mongolian Centre for Wildlife Protection, 2012
- Best Participant in the EZNis Contest My Beautiful country – 2012
- Nominated one of the 40 best photos of the Mongolian Flickr group 2012
- Won Best Photo at the CIS corporate photography competition aimed at promoting Mongolia worldwide, 2011
Erdenebulgan is a landscape, travel photographer. He took photograph since 2011.
In the past years, Erdenebulgan’s photography has been featured in multiple magazines: Lonely Planet, Viewbug, Deejis, Goodali, National Geographic Mongolia etc…
2015: Feeling Chain – Photo exhibition
- Winner in the EZNis Contest My Beautiful country – 2012
- Winner in the “Hureelen” Best of Mongolia photo contest – 2014
- Winner in the Delta outfitters photo contest – 2015
- Also many 3rd place awards and best participants..
Anton Agarkov is a travelling photographer and journalist with more than ten years of shooting experience. Anton shoots mostly landscape and travel stories and organises photography workshops and expeditions in Russia and Central Asia in which he spends more than 200 days a year. His outmost interest lies in the territories of natural parks and reserves as well as hard to reach territories. Anton have a vast experience in shooting in harsh weather conditions such as snow and sandstorms, extreme cold and heat. Anton is Tamron ambassador in Russia and pro-rider for Marmot Russia. Works on regular basis with Nikon, Lowepro, Carl Zeiss and multiple other brands. Organises lectures and workshops on traveling and photography.