Patagonia summer photography tour, 26 February – 2 March 2024
Dates 2024 year:
26 Feb – 1 March
Patagonia is a place of magical light. You can encounter the moments of true revelation of nature with a men. Amazing sunsets with lenticular clouds, wilderness of nature and enormous Andes ridge mountains await you in the most beautiful corner of the world – Patagonia.
We planned the most amazing locations for you on the tour, so check our itinerary and join:
Day 1, 26 February
Arrival (26 February) Our journey begins in Punta Arenas, the gateway to Patagonia and Torres del Paine National Park in Chile. Upon arrival, take some time to acclimate and rest after the long flight. It is recommended to arrive around 2 p.m., as a shuttle from the airport to the hotel will be arranged for that time.
In the evening, we will gather for a welcome dinner. This is an opportunity to come together and indulge in the exquisite flavors of cordero patagónico, the renowned Patagonian lamb roasted on a local parilla. It has consistently been hailed as the most delectable meat we have ever tasted!
Following the dinner, we will retire for the night at our comfortable hotel.
After the breakfast in hotel we move towards Torres del Paine national park, located in Chile (5-6 h). The bus will be at hotel at 9:00 a.m.
You’ll see many animals on the way, including guanaco, ostrich, armadillo and maybe even puma! As we enter Chile landscapes become more wild and strict with beautiful ridges of Andes on horizon. On the way we may have short stops to meet and greet Patagonia fauna.
Last part of the road (60 km) is gravel, through the inner territories in the park. We check in to our hotel, have a bit of rest and continue to the sunset location depending on the weather.
(B, LB, D)
Days 2 – 5
We spend 4 days in the park visiting many beautiful diverse locations. We know area very well, so we will choose photography locations depending on the next day’s weather forecast. Among places to visit (incl at sunsets, sunrises) will be:
– Harbours of Pehoe lake, including stoney bays with variety of foregrounds to choose
– Panoramic view from Explora hotel
– Optional 1-hour hike to Mirador Condor with a stunning 360-view to Cuernos, Paine Towers, Lake Pehoe and Glacier Grey
– Easy hike to the Nordenskjold lake: we’ll see the dead forest on the way and plenty of small bays
– Salto Grande waterfall
– Laguna Amarga with salty edges and high chance to see pink flamingo feeding
– Laguna Azul and wonderful waterfall on the way to the lagoon
– Rio Serrano Sector with wonderful bends of the river, gaucho and horses in the water
One day we depart to lago Grey to the full day excursion to the Grey Glacier. The cruise will take up to 4 hours.
Day 5, 1 March
After sunrise and breakfast at hotel we move towards Punta Arenas to have a final dinner together and pack for departure to Antarctica for next day.
Included in the price:
- Professional photo guide.
- Professional driver services
- Professional licensed local guide services
- Transportation in a spacious, comfortable bus offering ample room for you and your photography gear (all window seats), all transfers included
- Accommodation in most amazing Patagonia hotels. Rooms with private bathrooms.
- Lago Grey cruise at Torres del Paine park
- All national parks entrance fees
Full board (all meals included!)
Price: 4900 USD
Not included in the price:
– Visas (if applicable)
– Single supplement (750 USD – if you want to stay in a single room)
What to bring
– DSLR camera with tripod and remote shutter release
– A wide angle lens. For example, Nikkor 14-24 or Canon 16-35. Best lens for use in wide-angle scenes – mountain photography
– A middle-zoom lens such as a 24-70 mm
– A telephoto zoom lens, such as a 70-200 mm
– Waterproof and windproof jacket (consider the average temperatures 0 – 10 C)
– Waterproof pants
– Warm down-jacket and thermal pants
– Casual clothes for dinners and lunches and photography workshops
Full list of recommended wear will be sent to participants.