Patagonia summer photography tour, 26 Jan – 1 Feb 2020
Dates 2020 year:
26 January – 1 Feb
Patagonia is a place of magical light. You can encounter the moments of true revelation of nature with a men. Amazing sunsets with lenticular clouds, wilderness of nature and enormous Andes ridge mountains await you in the most beautiful corner of the world – Patagonia.
We planned the most amazing locations for you on the tour, so check our itinerary and join:
Day 1, 26 January
Arrival from Antarctica.
Overnight in Punta Arenas hotel.
Day 2, 27 January
After the breakfast in hotel we move towards Torres del Paine national park, located in Chile (5-6 h). The bus will be at hotel at 9:00 a.m.
You’ll see many animals on the way, including guanaco, ostrich, armadillo and maybe even puma! As we enter Chile landscapes become more wild and strict with beautiful ridges of Andes on horizon. On the way we may have short stops to meet and greet Patagonia fauna.
Last part of the road (60 km) is gravel, through the inner territories in the park. We check in to our hotel, have a bit of rest and continue to the sunset location depending on the weather.
(B, LB, D)
Days 2 – 6
We spend 5 days and 4 nights in the park visiting many beautiful diverse locations. We know area very well, so we will choose photography locations depending on the next day’s weather forecast. Among places to visit (incl at sunsets, sunrises) will be:
– Harbours of Pehoe lake, including stoney bays with variety of foregrounds to choose
– Panoramic view from Explora hotel
– Optional 1-hour hike to Mirador Condor with a stunning 360-view to Cuernos, Paine Towers, Lake Pehoe and Glacier Grey
– Easy hike to the Nordenskjold lake: we’ll see the dead forest on the way and plenty of small bays
– Salto Grande waterfall
– Laguna Amarga with salty edges and high chance to see pink flamingo feeding
– Laguna Azul and wonderful waterfall on the way to the lagoon
– Rio Serrano Sector with wonderful bends of the river, gaucho and horses in the water
One day we depart to lago Grey to the full day excursion to the Grey Glacier. The cruise will take up to 4 hours.
Day 6, 31 January
After sunrise and breakfast at hotel we move towards Punta Arenas to have a final dinner together and pack for departure for next day.
Day 7, 1 February
Departure day – leaving Patagonia on recommended flight.
Included in the price:
- Professional photo guide.
- Professional driver services
- Professional licensed local guide services
- Transportation in a spacious, comfortable bus offering ample room for you and your photography gear (all window seats), all transfers included
- Accommodation in most amazing Patagonia hotels. Rooms with private bathrooms.
- Lago Grey cruise at Torres del Paine park
- All national parks entrance fees
Full board (all meals included!), starting from 27 January and finishing 31 January
Price: 4900 USD
Not included in the price:
– Visas (if applicable)
– Single supplement (750 USD – if you want to stay in a single room)
What to bring
– DSLR camera with tripod and remote shutter release
– A wide angle lens. For example, Nikkor 14-24 or Canon 16-35. Best lens for use in wide-angle scenes – mountain photography
– A middle-zoom lens such as a 24-70 mm
– A telephoto zoom lens, such as a 70-200 mm
– Waterproof and windproof jacket (consider the average temperatures 0 – 10 C)
– Waterproof pants
– Warm down-jacket and thermal pants
– Casual clothes for dinners and lunches and photography workshops
Full list of recommended wear will be sent to participants.
Daniel was born in Moscow area. In his childhood he graduated the art school. After that, he is studied in Moscow institute of Physics and Technology and became an optics physicist. During the study he gain experience not only in physics, but also in mountain climbing and hiking, guiding tourist groups in winter and in summer in Russian mountains. Right after graduation he became a guide of photo-workshops and chief editor of “Continent expedition” magazine. This magazine is about travel and adventures all over the world. He has got several awards in photography: Golden Turtle’ 13 Nature nomination winner, National Geographic Russia contest 2013 and 2014 finalist, Best of Russia’13 and ’14 winner, best photographer’13 finalist and others. He is spending most of his time in Norway, Lofoten islands and in Tuscany at villa Gaia, guiding groups of photographers.
I consider Baikal lake as top place for photographers from all over the world. I will help you to reveal its beauty.