Patagonia is a place of magical light. You can encounter the moments of true revelation of nature with a men. Amazing sunsets with lenticular clouds, wilderness of nature and enormous Andes ridge mountains await you in the most beautiful season – Patagonia Autumn. Beautiful red colors frame mountains in april, fresh snow lays between the waterfalls and on tops of diamond peaks, birds are singing in the woods and almost no tourists disturb this serenity. We planned the most amazing locations for you on the tour, so check our itinerary and join:
We arrive to El Calafate, the gateway to Patagonia. We recommend to fly to El Calafate through Buenos Aires with 1-2 days stay in the city. You may have acclimatized yourself, have a good sleep after the long flight. The recommended arrival time is 13:13 (flight arrival from Buenos-Aires).
We pick you up from the airport on our private comfortable 16-seater bus + a private support car. On the tour you’ll always have a window seat and a space for your camera gear. We transfer you to our hotel in El Calafate and meet together at the dinner again. You may have a stroll at the cozy streets of El Calafate, taste local chocolate and buy some nice souvenirs. At the dinner we’ll taste the very special cordero patagonico – famous Patagonia lamb roasted at local parilla. So far it was the best meat we tasted in the world!
After the dinner we have an overnight at our hotel.
Today we can leave our luggage in hotel taking only camera gear and warm clothes as we drive to Perito Moreno glacier cruise at 12:00 noon. We join scheduled short 1-hour cruise at 14:30. We have a stroll among autumn colorful Patagonia forest with amazing panoramic views towards Perito Moreno glacier in the evening.
In the evening we have a dinner together at one of El Calafate’s parillas.
After the dinner, we return back to our hotel at El Calafate.
After the breakfast at hotel we move towards small village El Chalten, located in Argentina. Allow around 3 hours (paved road).
We settle at our hotel in El Chalten for 2 nights. At sunset we have photography session at canyon with stunning panoramic views towards Andean ridge. The Fitz Roy river flowing in bends beneath our feet leading the sight towards towers of Fitz Roy (Chalten) massif.
Before the breakfast we depart to morning photography session to the point with stunning panoramic views towards Andean ridge. The Fitz Roy river flowing in bends beneath our feet leading the sight towards towers of Fitz Roy (Chalten) massif.
At the daytime we explore the Lago Desierto sector with waterfalls and river cascades. Mountais and glaciers will surround us for the full day.
For sunset we pick up one of panoramic points with views of Fitz Roy massif.
After the breakfast in hotel we photograph sunrise and move towards Torres del Paine national park, located in Chile. Allow the full day road, around 8-9 hours (mainly paved roads, except the very last part – national park, 60 km).
We cross the border from Argentina to Chile, have a stop for the lunch at the border café and continue through the wild landscape of the Torres del Paine national park. You’ll see many animals on the way, including guanaco, ostrich, armadillo and maybe even puma! As we enter Chile landscapes become more wild and strict with beautiful ridges of Andes on horizon. On the way we may have short stops to meet and greet Patagonia fauna.
Last part of the road (60 km) is gravel, through the inner territories in the park. We check in to our hotel Pehoe, have a bit of rest and continue to the sunset location depending on the weather.
The position of the Pehoe hotel deserves a special mention. That’s definitely a million dollar view! Hotel is located on a small island. A picturesque bridge leads to hotel standing in turquoise waters of Lago Pehoe. April is the end of tourist and hikers seasons so you’ll see only photographers in the park.
Days 6 – 11
We know area very well, so we will choose photography locations depending on the next day’s weather forecast. Among places to visit (incl at sunsets, sunrises) will be:
– Harbours of Pehoe lake, including stoney bays with variety of foregrounds to choose
– Panoramic view from Explora hotel
– Optional 1-hour hike to Mirador Condor with a stunning 360-view to Cuernos, Paine Towers, Lake Pehoe and Glacier Grey
– Easy hike to the Nordenskjold lake: we’ll see the dead forest on the way and plenty of small bays
– Salto Grande waterfall
– Laguna Amarga with salty edges and high chance to see pink flamingo feeding
– Laguna Azul and wonderful waterfall on the way to the lagoon
– Rio Serrano Sector with wonderful bends of the river, gaucho and horses in the water
One day we depart to lago Grey to the full day excursion to the Grey Glacier. The cruise will take up to 4 hours.
After the breakfast and sunrise session, we drive back to El Calafate. We may drop you at hotel or at the airport for th 6 p.m. flights. We should be at El Calafate around 2-3 p.m.
Included in the price:
- Two Professional photo guides.
- Professional driver services
- Professional licensed local guide services
- Transportation in a spacious, comfortable minivan offering ample room for you and your photography gear (all window seats), all transfers included
- Accommodation in most amazing Patagonia hotels. Rooms with private bathrooms.
- Cruise at the foot of Perito Moreno glacier
- Lago Grey cruise at Torres del Paine park
- All national parks entrance fees
Full board (all meals included!)
Price: 6900 USD
Not included in the price:
– Visas (if applicable)
– Single supplement
What to bring
– DSLR camera with tripod and remote shutter release
– A wide angle lens. For example, Nikkor 14-24 or Canon 17-40. Best lens for use in wide-angle scenes or architecture photography
– A middle-zoom lens such as a 24-70 mm
– A telephoto zoom lens, such as a 70-200 mm
– Waterproof and windproof jacket (consider the average temperatures 0 – 10 C)
– Waterproof pants
– Warm down-jacket and thermal pants
– Casual clothes for dinners and lunches and photography workshops
Full list of recommended wear will be sent to participants.